An update from founder, Rachel:
We absolutely love what Women On Tap is all about. It’s our passion, and we are delighted to be able to share that with you.
With an exciting future vision in mind – and given your overwhelming support and the success of year one – we are delighted to announce that Women On Tap is now officially a Community Interest Company.
This social enterprise status reinforces our commitment to our mission and will enable us to secure the backing we need, open new doors, and build greater momentum to push forward with our ambitions.
We hope you’ll continue with us on this exhilarating journey – we want to work with and for you and we plan to liaise and consult as we shape up our plans.
We’ve already announced a couple of pop-up events for 2018, and we’re working on more. We’re also working on ambitious plans for the 2019 beer festival and we’ll be launching more info about the social enterprise model shortly, including funding strategies and how you might be able to help us sustain and grow. There’s lots of work for us to do, and we can’t wait! Make sure you’re signed up to our mailing list here.
For now here’s our updated description, as a reminder of what we’re all about.
Why we exist.
Women On Tap CIC is a celebration of women and beer based in Yorkshire.
We devise and deliver an annual beer and arts festival in Harrogate, plus a series of collaborative pop-up events across Yorkshire and the North. In everything we do we fuse the themes of women, beer, and the arts, and we always welcome everyone who shares what we stand for.
Through our work we aim to positively raise the profile of women in a traditionally male-dominated industry in an attempt to redress the balance, and we welcome the conversations we spark.
Our overall mission is to:
- Showcase women in beer and women in the arts
- Educate, inspire, and empower women everywhere
- Actively contribute to a beer industry – and society – where true equality exists, and
- Have some fun along the way!
We also aim to promote Harrogate – a town we love and a serious player in terms of its independent beer scene.
As a Community Interest Company we are committed to our cause and we reinvest our profits to further our mission.
Our brand values are positive, friendly, open, collaborative, inclusive, independent, creative, and vibrant.
Thank you for all your support so far. Here’s to exciting times ahead!
What is a social enterprise?
- A business with a clear social or environmental mission as set out in its governing documents.
- An independent business that earns more than half of its income through trading
- Controlled or owned in the interests of a social mission
- Reinvests or gives away at least half of profits or surpluses towards its social purpose
- Transparent about how it operates and the impact that it has
Read more at www.socialenterprise.org.uk