Here’s the full 2018 Women On Tap beer festival programme! Please tweet us with any questions…
Tuesday 1st May – Pre-festival warm up event
- 7.30pm – This isn’t an official Women On Tap event, but to get us in the mood our partner venue Major Tom’s Social will be hosting a special film screening of ‘The Love of Beer‘ – an insightful film into the lives of women in the U.S craft beer industry. Plus a ‘2 pizzas for £12 deal’.
Wednesday 2nd May – Festival opens!
- All day, all festival – Full brewster tap takeover at our main host venue, The Little Ale House in Harrogate town centre from today and throughout the festival
- All day, all festival – An exhibition of artwork by 2018 beer festival designer, Hannah Lyons at The Little Ale House (Artwork will be for sale)
- 6pm – Festival launch event at The Little Ale House (Invite only)
- 7.30pm – Festival launch event after party at Major Tom’s Social (Invite only)
Thursday 3rd May
- All day – Burnt Mill tap takeover at partner venue, Major Tom’s Social in Harrogate town centre
- 5-6pm – Talk and Q&A with Sophie de Ronde, Head Brewer at Burnt Mill, at Major Tom’s (This event may be ticketed, TBC)
- 7-8.30pm – Beer tasting and cheese pairing at Blind Jacks, Knaresborough – tickets are £20, and there are ONLY 8 LEFT!
Friday 4th May
- 4-7pm – Live music showcase at Major Tom’s Social (Free, not ticketed)
Saturday 5th May
- 9am-4pm – Brew Day with Anton Stark at Harrogate Brewing Co (This event will be ticketed) – Harrogate Brewing is located just outside of Harrogate town centre and is easily accessible via a 5-10 min taxi ride or via public transport from Harrogate + a short 0.6 mile walk (Approx. 20 mins total)
- 12-9pm – Harrogate Brewing Co tap room open to the public + live music + food TBC
Sunday 6th May – Last day!
- 11am – A Conversation on Women and Beer panel discussion at North Bar Harrogate (Free, not ticketed)
- 12-4pm – Harrogate Brewing Co tap room open to the public
- 2pm – Film screening by Harrogate Film Society as part of their Flash Film series of In Between – an ‘F-rated’ film in recognition both of its female writer-director as well as the strong female acting performances (Tickets £5 available here)
- From 5pm – Closing drinks at The Little Ale House for anyone still around
Please note – all our excellent partner venues will be showcasing beers brewed by women throughout the festival so make sure you pay them all a visit if you can!
For 2018 we’ve brewed a festival beer in collaboration with Nomadic Brewery. This will be a salted caramel stout we’ve named Suffragist in recognition of not only women in brewing but also the centenary of votes for women. You’ll find Suffragist at all partner venues throughout the festival, until it runs out!
2018 beer festival merchandise will be available from The Little Ale House. This will include branded pint glasses, tote bags, and pin badges which will be available in very limited quantities.
We really look forward to seeing you there!